Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 2 - Did I mention I can't breathe?

So there are a few colds/flus going around. There is one that both my daughter and I got - the upper & lower respiratory bug - and the GI flu. Yesterday i found out whilst doing cardio that the bug still lingers in my sinuses and lungs - I was getting dyspneic on the stairclimber, but because I am so stubborn I finished the full 20 of cardio. I did NOT, however do intense work- just a little something to keep my heart going for a full hour (48 minutes of weights at a fast pace and 20 of cardio).

Today I was supposed to get to the gym early... and BAM! My daughter came down with the tummy stuff.. there goes my early a.m. workout. Being a single parent is DEFINITELY an added challenge when it comes to keeping a gym schedule.

Today I still am having difficulty getting deep, full, easy breaths. I still will be doing cardio for 20 (today is JUST cardio) and hopefully I will be able to do it at a high intensity.

Food!
I made a really great chicken rice soup last night that I will be having tonight for dinner again. I think chicken rice soup is great because it has plenty of water in it to be filling, plenty of protein for sustenance, plenty of veggies for fiber, and some rice for that glucose our brain especially needs!

This morning for breakfast I had a sugar-free mocha latte with soy milk. Okay, not the best choice but I SUCK at prepping food for the day!!! One of my biggest issues with diet. I can say no to food all day long.. hell, I would make an amazing anorexic.. but yeaaa... noooo.... I hate thinking about food, planning meals and making grocery lists. Those tasks are up there with vacuuming and folding laundry.

Goal: Fall in love with food prep and planning <3 <3 <3

Stats.... errr... *grunt*
Against my better judgment I got on the scale today (only 24 hours into the challenge) and I'm down 2 pounds! Okay.. water loss.. whatever.. I care not! 2 pounds down is 2 pounds down. So there.

2 comments:

  1. You have my respect, it's extremely difficult being a parent when there is two, I can't even imagine with one. I hope you will let us BFL'ers support you as well!

    Stay hydrated, chicken soup is the best during this time period, but don't wear yourself out. Other things I love during sick times, chamomille tea at night, green teas in the morning/ day, and my most favorite, don't laugh, is warm jello before it settles. I'll eat the rest cold, but the best is the warm stuff. Stay focused and eat all your meals as your recovering, it'll still help your metabolism kick up a gear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I totally fell off the bandwagon with all the BS going on.. but I'm back on. Thank you for your comment - it helps to know that there is someone somewhere that is pulling for me!!

      Delete