Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 3 - Don't puke on the treadmill !!!

Got up this morning, dropped the kiddie-wink off at school, and much to my dismay I forwent coffee and went straight to the gym.

Sprint - Interval Training. Wow. Kicked my ass. It was not easy but I love a tough challenge. Here is what I did (and btw, I am not and never have been a runner - was raised as a competitive swimmer and know nothing of land legs):
5 min warm-up on elliptical
4 mins jog @ 4.5 pace
1 min @ 5.5 pace
1 min @ 6.5 pace
3 mins @ 4.5
1 min @ 5.5
1 min @ 6.5
2 mins @ 4.5
1 min @ 5.5
1 min @ 6.5
3 mins @ 4.5
30 secs @ 5.5
30 secs@ 6.5

Hold back vomit

Chug 12 grams of protein after I'm done dry-heaving

Okay, not bad I don't think for someone who hasn't worked out in forever and who can't run to save her life. My goal in 2 weeks is to move up to 5.0 pace / 6.0 pace / 7.0 pace.  I know I can do it, it's just a matter of me not being a wimp, grabbing myself by the ovaries and handling biz.

This is also a huge accomplishment for me because my mornings consist of coffee and whining about being up early. I tend to be up between 530 and 6 am but act like a prima donna until about 8 when I get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment